Sunday, April 7, 2013

Fitness Update

I really need to be better about updating my progress. I am on Day 21 of the P90X program. Day 21! Can you believe I have made it this far? I can't! I am seriously loving it! I think I am addicted. Maybe hypnotized by Tony Horton? 

I have lost 5 pounds so far. I'm really trying to to track my weight loss, but more so my strength improvement. I will tell you though, that I can do about 15 pushups now. Honestly before I started, I couldn't even do 1. No joke! It is feeling great.

Yesterday, I made a great discovery at the Salt Lake Library. They have P90X and Insanity on DVD! I could't believe it. I have really been wanting to try Insanity so I put 3 of the discs on hold. I also found a Yoga dvd and Zumba dvd. I really want to try those! I have really been thinking about becoming a Personal Trainer and then opening a gym. So I really want to get familiar with all sorts of workouts! 

I have been trying to eat much better than I have been doing. In the past, we ate out like once a week, due to our busy schedules. Not good! We haven't eaten out since I have started the program (ok, wait, yesterday I had a veggie Jimmy John's sandwich with no mayo on wheat bread, but that's it). I've been experimenting with Chia seeds and protein drinks. I plan on posting some of the recipes that I've made.

This morning, though I splurged on breakfast (not terribly, but I usually eat Cheerios with almond milk)


German Pancakes- Healthy version! They were surprisingly, very good!


Healthy German Pancakes
6 eggs
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour (Very important!)
1 cup sugar-free almond milk (Also very important)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons flax seeds

Blend it all together! Now, normally german pancakes call for 1/4 cup of butter or more. This helps their texture and taste, but it is terrible for you. I completely omitted the butter from mine. Pour mixture evenly in the muffin pan. I did spray the muffin pan with cooking spray in case if they stuck to the pan (they didn't). 

Put them in the oven for about 20 minutes at 200 degrees (until completely done).

These only have 65 calories each, no sugar and whole wheat! They are delicious!



As far as the berry spread on top goes... Here is the recipe:

Berry Topping
1 cup mixed berries
1/4 cup water
1/8 cup zero (or low) calorie sweetener
1/2 tablespoon cornstarch

Boil all the ingredients in a pot on the stove until thick (about 1-2 minutes). I realized afterwards that it would have been great to add Chia seeds, instead of cornstarch. So I added probably about 1 1/2 tablespoons of Chia seeds once it was done. Next time I make this, I am going to see how just adding Chia seeds and no cornstarch would do, since the form a gel in liquid.

No comments:

Post a Comment