We made spaghetti and meatballs tonight for lunch/dinner. We put mozzarella cheese in the meatballs for an extra special treat.
I found that chopping the cheese into extra small pieces will allow the cheese to melt inside the meatball.
Yummy!
For Superbowl Sunday we decided to make a few appetizers as well. Bean dip! I cook the beans in a pressure cooker and it only takes about an hour.
Measure 2 cups of beans. Rinse beans and put them in the pressure cooker. Add 8 cups of water with 4 tablespoons of oil. I also add onion powder, garlic powder and taco seasoning. I cook them on high pressure for 35 minutes and then do a natural pressure release.
Once the beans are cooked, I remove about 2 cups of the liquids out of the bowl. I add more seasoning because it usually will need more.
I then use my hand mixer to blend the beans.
It makes a better dean dip if you stick it in the oven with cheese on top. Unfortunately, we were out
of olives, or else I would have chopped some and put them on top. But we added a small layer of sour cream, cheese and then diced green chiles to top it off. Afterwards, we added some salsa! The salsa definitely added an extra bite.
We attempted some fried (but really baked!) pickles. Unfortunately, the bread crumbs we had weren't good to use. Argh! I hate that! Lol! But they turned out to be alright after using different crumbs. We have a huge jug of pickles from Sam's Club that we have so it was really awesome to use them! I will definitely need to start looking for pickle recipes....
But in other news, I quit my job YAY! I will be looking for an internship soon. We also got some new fish for our tank! Pictures to come!
You quit your job?!! wow!! I want to make that food too! Minus the pickles...eek. :)
ReplyDelete